Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Special Treats from Guest Designer Janice Whiting

Hi, everyone!  Janice Whiting here bringing you a cute little treat box tutorial.  :)  Here is the finished product:


I'm participating in a fun swap in a couple of weeks and I created this box to house my little treats.  :)  I love being able to customize my treat box to fit whatever size treat I decide to put in it. The final dimensions of this box is 4"x4"x2" and fit my super-sized chocolate chip cookies perfectly!

Tutorial

 You will need a piece of clear packaging for the window, an 8"x 12" piece of sturdy patterned paper, and a 8" x 2 1/2" piece of sturdy patterned paper.



Using your Scor-Pal, score and cut out the sections shown in the diagram below:

If you want to include the window, cut out a square in the center of the top 4x4 section.  I used Spellbinders basic square die to cut out my window.  The complete scored and trimmed sections are shown below with the bottom piece adhered.




Next, die cut the next size up square die in the clear packaging and adhere to the underside of the box lid.


 Now you are ready to start putting the box together! Attach the bottom scored flaps to the inside of the walls of the bottom section of box.


 Now, adhere the other side flaps to the inside of the back wall of bottom section of box.

The bottom section of box is now assembled.

 Next, attach the side flaps of the lid to the inside of the lid side walls.

Your box is now complete!

I used some Jillibean Soup baker's twine, a Prima flower, Spellbinders Back to Basics tag and a greeting from an Anna Griffin stamp set to embellish my box. The patterned paper is from Recollection's Yesterday Today Tomorrow paper pad.

Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope you found this tutorial to be easy to follower!  If you have any questions please feel free to leave a comment in the comments section and I will do the best I can to help you out!

Have a wonderful day!
Janice :)


7 comments:

Unknown said...

What a cute box! Thanks for the great tutorial!
-Cher

Anneke said...

Hallo Jannice. Thank you very much for this lovely box. You explanation is very clear. I will try to make this box tomorrow. Thanks for showing. Can't wait for your next project. Anneke Voskuijl.
www.annekescardart.blogspot.com

laetitia said...

thank you for this lovely tutorial!

JaniceAileen said...

Thanks, ladies! Have fun with it! :)

Ravengirl said...

This is wonderful Janice! Super cute!

Diana Crick said...

Super tutorial Janice, super box and oh my gosh what a gorgeous looking cookie...no calories right...lol.
Hugs, Diana

Unknown said...

Thank u for this tutorial! I can't wait for Christmas this year! Its going to be fabulous!!! Thanks to scor pal and the fabulous designers!!