We love showing our projects to you and now it's your chance to show your creations to us!
Each month we will have a different theme and you will have a month to create and enter your projects. As well as the theme you will need to make "More Than One Score" and tell us where you used the Scor-Pal on your project. So a single fold card won't count but an Easel, Gatefold, Stair Step, etc will :) Also we love to see your "Anything But a Card" projects, just as long as you make "More Than One Score"
We have a great theme this month, "All About Birthdays and More Than One Score".
Please note that you MUST include the theme as well as "More Than One Score", some people are not following the theme and therefore are not eligible for a Top 3 spot or the Prize, thanks. We have a nice set of samples from the Design Team, just click on their names to go to their blogs for more details on their creations.
The challenge ends at 10pm on August 31st and the new one starts on September 1st. Winners and our favorites will be revealed on September 5th.
This months featured Design Team member is Toni so please go and take a look at her blog for a more detailed post on her project.
Hello Crafty Friends! It's August 1st and time for another Scor-Pal More Than One Score challenge. Our theme for this month is "All About Birthdays". The timing of this challenge is perfect for me because I have so many friends and family members with July birthdays that my stash is wiped out! Let's get started with my Scored Circle Birthday card.
For this project, you will need:
- One 4 1/4" x 8 1/2"" piece of card stock
- One 3 7/8" x 3 7/8" piece of card stock
- One 3 5/8" x 3 5/8" piece of card stock
- One 3 3/8" x 3 3/8" piece of card stock
- Three kinds of double sided patterned paper
- One 1 5/8" circle die or punch
- Heart die or punch
- Paper snips
- Dimensional adhesive
- Embellishments as desired
After die-cutting or punching three circles from each pattern, place a circle in your Scor-Pal as shown. Score at 1/4". Rotate 90 degrees and score at 1/4" again. Do this two more times so that you have a scored square inside your circle. (Tip: Be sure to place the pattern face down that you want to peek out of the circle.)
Burnish the folds on all four sides. Repeat the previous step and this step for the remaining pattern paper circles.
Line the 3 3/8" by 3 3/8" piece of card stock with Scor-Tape.
Remove the adhesive backing on the Scor-Tape and adhere the scored circles to the card stock. Make sure that the sides are touching.
Continue to remove adhesive backing and line up scored circles until card stock is filled. Mat this layer on top of the 3 5/8" by 3 5/8" piece of card stock.
Continue with mats and embellish as desired. This card is matted one more time with a 3 7/8' by 3 7/8" piece of card stock and then mounted on a 4 1/4" square card base. The heart was punched from some card stock and stamped with a delicate pattern. The sentiment was stamped on a 3/8" strip of card stock. The strip was adhered to the back of the heart and the opposite end was forked with paper snips. A small bow of baker's twine was tied and attached to the top of the heart. Finally, the heart and sentiment strip were attached with dimensional adhesive to the scored circle layer.
This concludes my tutorial for the August More Than One Score Challenge.
Details: Stamps: Happy Banner (MFT), Bubble Talk (PTI); Paper: Whisper White, Pink Passion, Tempting Turquoise, Hopscotch Fancy Pants Designer Paper; Ink: Tuxedo Black, Versamark; Accessories: Scor-Pal, Scor-Tape, Spellbinders Circle dies, heart punch, paper snips, baker's twine, mini glue dots, stampin' dimensionals.
the Scor-Pal Store!
1. Each entry must have "More Than One Score"*, mention where the Scor-Pal tool was used and follow the theme.
2. Entry can be combined with as many challenges as you like.
3. 3 entries allowed per person.
4. You must link back to the Scor-Pal blog to be considered for a prize.
5. No backlinks will be accepted.
6. Each challenge will last from the 1st day of the month until 10pm on the last day of that month.
7. Winners and Design Team Favorites will be announced on the 5th of the following month.
8. Entries not adhering to the rules may be deleted.
9. Prizes will be awarded when the challenge has at least 10 entries
* "More Than One Score" means that a single scored fold card (ie: a simple square or rectangle) with no additional use of the Scor-Pal tool will not count as an entry.
Please add your link below and Good Luck!